How To Clean Invisalign Trays
Cleaning your Invisalign trays is crucial to prevent the buildup of bacteria and maintain their clarity. Here are some simple steps to keep your trays clean:
1. Rinse: After removing your trays, rinse them under lukewarm water to remove saliva and debris.
2. Brush gently: Use a soft-bristle toothbrush and a mild, non-abrasive toothpaste to gently brush your trays. Avoid using toothpaste with whitening agents, as they can scratch the trays.
3. Soak: Soak your trays in a denture cleaner or Invisalign cleaning crystals. Follow the instructions provided by your dentist or the product manufacturer for the recommended soaking time.
4. Rinse again: After soaking, rinse your trays thoroughly to remove any residue from the cleaning solution.
5. Avoid heat: Keep your trays away from hot water, as it can warp or distort them. Always use lukewarm or cool water for cleaning.
How To Properly Maintain Invisalign Trays
In addition to regular cleaning, proper maintenance of your Invisalign trays is essential for successful treatment. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
1. Wear them as instructed: It's crucial to wear your Invisalign trays for the recommended amount of time each day, usually around 20-22 hours. Consistency is key to achieving the desired results.
2. Handle with care: When removing or inserting your trays, use gentle pressure and avoid bending or twisting them. This will help prevent any damage or distortion.
3. Store properly: When not wearing your trays, store them in their protective case. Avoid leaving them exposed to the air or placing them on a tissue, as they can easily get lost or damaged.
4. Keep them away from pets: Keep your trays out of reach of curious pets who may mistake them for a chew toy. Pets can cause irreparable damage to your trays.
Certain Things To Avoid For Invisalign Tray Upkeep
To ensure the longevity and effectiveness of your Invisalign trays, it's important to avoid the following:
1. Eating or drinking with trays: Remove your trays before eating or drinking anything other than water. Food particles and beverages can stain or damage the trays.
2. Smoking: Smoking while wearing your trays can cause discoloration and leave an unpleasant odor. It's best to remove them before smoking.
3. Using colored or scented mouthwash: Avoid using colored or scented mouthwash while wearing your trays, as they can stain or affect the clarity of the trays.
4. Chewing gum: Chewing gum with your trays in can cause them to become sticky and difficult to clean. Always remove your trays before chewing gum.
By following these tips and guidelines, you can ensure that your Invisalign trays stay clean, clear, and effective throughout your treatment journey.
Let’s Get You Scheduled
Looking to talk to an expert about your Invisalign journey? Request an appointment with Dr. Devin McClintock at Precision Dentistry of Williamsburg by calling (914) 319-2466. No matter your questions, our team is here to help. Take the first step towards a straighter, healthier smile today!